SUMMER MATH INSTRUCTIONS:
- Go to www.assistments.org and click on Create an Account
- Click on I AM A STUDENT and then put in the appropriate Enrollment code for the class you will be taking next year:
- Incoming 9th grade students do the following summer math assignments: geyfd9
- Students who will be taking Geometry: 9uzcg4
- Students who will be taking Algebra 2: 49tuad
- Students who will be taking Pre-Calculus: 9mfssw
- Students who will be taking Algebraic Reasoning: sahr42
- Click: Check code
- Next Verify Class Information (Click OK)
- Enter Student Information
- Time Zone: US/Eastern
- Create a password: (if you think you might forget use your student ID number)
How does Summer Math work at Worcester Tech?
- You will be practicing basic skills needed for the math class that you will be taking next year by working on 10 different skill builder problem sets.
- You must answer 3 consecutive problems correctly before you can complete each skill set.
- You will automatically get re-assessed each week. If you show a need for more practice, you will get the practice you need by working on the problem sets assigned to you.
- Upon returning to Worcester Tech after this summer, your results from your Summer Math work will be given to the Math teacher you will have for the 2018-2019 school year.
- ALL students will receive a TEST grade in their MATH class upon return to school in the fall.
What Summer Math Class do I enroll in?
- Students coming from 8th grade should enroll in “2018-2019 I AM ENTERING 9TH GRADE” (Enroll in this even if you think you will be in Geometry)
- Students who passed Algebra 1 here at Worcester Tech should enroll in “2018-2019 I WILL BE TAKING GEOMETRY”
- Students who passed Geometry should enroll in “2018-2019 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRA 2”
- Students who passed Algebra 2 & are taking Algebraic Reasoning should enroll in “2018-2019 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRAIC REASONING”
- Students who passed Algebra 2 & are taking Pre-Calculus should enroll in “2018-2019 I WILL BE TAKING PRE-CALCULUS”
WHEN DOES SUMMER MATH START?
- All students in grades 9-11 should be enrolled in their appropriate class for next year by the first week of June.
- All students in grades 9-11 should have completed the “Pre-Test” for the class that they will be taking next year by June 21. (i.e. Current 10th grade Geometry students should be taken the Pre-Test for Algebra 2)
- The 10 Skill Builders will be released to start working on June 18, 2018
- A Post-test will be released at the beginning of August, which must be completed before the end of the first week of school.
Email Mr. Lynch, Math Dept. Head, if you have any questions