Steven Stefanik, Department Head
The Auto Collision program prepares students to become auto body repair technicians repairing cars, trucks, and SUV’s. Upon graduation students will be given a complete list of the competencies acquired. This is the basis of the student’s portfolio needed for a first job resume in any auto collision field.
Competencies learned in the Auto Collision Program include:
- Auto reconditioning, Buffing, Waxing, Polishing
- Sanding operations. Paint prep, Color sanding
- Panel straightening, applying body filler, metals straightening, metals shrinking
- Welding, Oxy / act. Mig, Arc.
- Panel replacement, Door skins, Quarter panels, Rocker panels
- Glass replacement, Door Glass.Windshield, Backlights
Employment Opportunities include:
- Autos body shop
- Parts dept at a new car dealership
- Custom /auto motorcycle shop
- Insurance company damage appraiser/investigator
Higher Education opportunities:
- New England Tech offers an associate’s degree in auto collision technology.
For more information about this department, contact Mr. Stefanik.
A.S.E. – Automotive Service Excellence
NATEF – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
AYES – Automotive Youth Educational System