SUMMER READING – ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
Grade 9 (Incoming Freshmen)
Read (1) novel of your choice.
For each chapter write the following:
- Summarize – write down the most important information, details, or events in the story. Retell the events of the story in your own words.
- Reflect – Think about what you are reading. Write a paragraph that includes any sentences or phrases that have significant meaning to you or affect you in some way, and then explain.
- Predict – In one or two sentences make a prediction of what you think will happen in the next chapter.
Be prepared to pass in your notebook/journal with this assignment during the first week of school.
Read (1) grade appropriate novel of your choice.
- Write a personal reflection after each chapter.
- Be prepared to pass-in your summer reading assignment during the first week of school.
- Be prepared for an in-class assignment from your new English teacher.
AP Language and Composition
The following attachments contain the documents and instructions for AP Language and Composition summer work:
QCC Dual Enrollment students have specific summer reading assignments. Please see your dual-enrollment teacher for your summer reading.