There is an emphasis on problem solving in the design, debugging, and troubleshooting of systems. Students learn Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) as well as rapid prototyping through 3-D printing. Students who are highly motivated and interested in a technical career are encouraged to explore this program.
The program includes hands-on and theoretical curriculum that covers analog and digital control electronics. Also included are Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and their use in automation and manufacturing.
This curriculum incorporates elements and principles of mathematics, physics, and chemistry as they apply to the design and operation of electromechanical systems.
English language arts are incorporated through verbal presentations and report writing.
This intensive program is designed around the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Vocational Technical Education Framework for Robotics and Automation Technology.
About Our Instructors
Michael Meagher (Department Head) holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University, and has a MA Vocational Technical Educators Licence in Electronics.
John Stevenson holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University, and has a MA Vocational Technical Educators Licence in Electronics.
Jason Leboeuf holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and has a MA Vocational Technical Educators Licence in Engineering Technology.
School To Work
- 2-Year Associate’s Degree:
- Electronics, Mechatronics, or Engineering
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree:
- Electrical, Mechanical, Computer or Robotics Engineering
- Immediate entry into electronic, mechanical, or automation service technician positions.
Immediate entry into:
- or automation service technician positions.
- Industrial Control Theory & Relay Ladder Logic Circuits
- Computer Aided Drawing
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Theory & Applications
- Industrial Electronic Theory & Applications
- Embedded Microcontroller Theory & Application (Allen-Bradley/Siemens)
- The Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE):
- Financial Literacy, career and Business Readiness
- Senior/Capstone Projects
- Co-op Employment
Electronics Technician: $60,000/year
Mechanical Engineer: $87,000/year
Electrical Engineer: $96,000/year
For more information about this department, contact: Mr. Meagher, email@example.com