Summer Math Instructions:
- Go to www.assistments.org and click on the green GET STARTED
- Click on I AM A STUDENT and then put in the appropriate code for the class you will be taking next year:
- vh7bkc for “I will be entering GRADE 9 in 2016/2017 YEAR”
- cbndpe for “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRAIC REASONING”
- ytd9mb for “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING PRE-CALCULUS”
- zzpsc5 for “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRA 2”
- jdguhx for “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING GEOMETRY”
- First Name: Type in your first name
- Last Name: Type in your last name
- Birthdate: Type in your birthday
- Grade: Type in the grade you will be entering in Fall of 2016
- Time Zone: US/Eastern
- Create a password: (if you think you might forget use your student ID number)
How does Summer Math work at Worcester Tech?
- You will be practicing basic skills needed for the math class that you will be taking next year by working on 10 different skill builder problem sets.
- You must answer 3 consecutive problems correctly before you can complete each skill set.
- You will automatically get re-assessed each week. If you show a need for more practice, you will get the practice you need by working on the problem sets assigned to you.
- Upon returning to Worcester Tech after this summer, your results from your Summer Math work will be given to the Math teacher you will have for the 2015-2016 school year.
- ALL students will receive a TEST grade in their MATH class upon return to school in the fall.
What Summer Math Class do I enroll in?
- Students coming from 8th grade should enroll in “I will be in the 9th grade during the 2016/2017 school year” (Enroll in this even if you think you will be in Geometry)
- Students who passed Algebra 1 here at Worcester Tech should enroll in “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING GEOMETRY”
- Students who passed Geometry should enroll in “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRA 2”
- Students who passed Algebra 2 & are taking Algebraic Reasoning should enroll in “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING ALGEBRAIC REASONING”
- Students who passed Algebra 2 & are taking Pre-Calculus should enroll in “2016-2017 I WILL BE TAKING PRE-CALCULUS”
When Does Summer Math Start?
- All students in grades 9-11 should be enrolled in their appropriate class for next year by the first week of June.
- All students in grades 9-11 should have completed the “Pre-Test” for the class that they will be taking next year by June 12. (i.e. Current 10th grade Geometry students should be taken the Pre-Test for Algebra 2)
- The 10 Skill Builders will be released to start working on June 6, 2016
- A Post-test will be released at the beginning of August, which must be completed before the end of the first week of school.
Email Mr. Lynch, Math Dept. Head, if you have any questions: