SUMMER READING – SCIENCE
Students will select and read THREE articles of their choice that relates to the science course they WILL be taking when they return to school. The article should relate to their technical area/vocational program. Students will write THREE one page summaries and define 5 key terms found in the article.
Incoming freshmen: Biology
GUIDELINES FOR EACH ARTICLE:
- You will find a news article or scholarly article that relates YOUR SUBJECT (above) to your Technical Area (shop). Incoming freshmen shall use their top choice of technical areas that they are interested in. Article sources can be from one of the following sources: internet, magazine, or newspaper, other. Be sure the article is from a reputable source and provides factual evidence.
- You will either print out (if from internet), cut out (magazine or newspaper), or photocopy the article you selected. Internet: You must write the exact URL address in which you found the article or staple the actual article to the front of your report.
- You will then read the article carefully underlining at least 5 key terms.
- Type your name and date in the header
- Skip a line and type the title of the article.
- Skip another line and type the five key terms you identified and their definitions.
- Skip another line and type a full page summary (which can contain one opinion paragraph and one paragraph describing how it relates to your technical/vocational department) of the article being careful not to plagiarize. Total length should be 4-6 paragraphs.